Environmental movement “Ozon” Nikšić was established on September 16th, 2006.
Registration number in the Ministry of Internal Affairs: 3756
Mission of the Environmental movement “Ozon” is to raise ecological and citizens’ awareness of individuals, through permanent education on importance of preserved environment and achievement of human rights, popularisation of eco-journalism with focus on research, and support to all initiatives aimed at environmental protection and improvement.
Vision of the Environmental movement “Ozon” is Montenegro developed as democratic, ecological society, based on sustainable development principles, with OZONE as one of leading Civil Society Organizations.
Environmental movement Ozon bases all programs and activities on the principles and values of non-discrimination, tolerance, life-long learning, promoting and taking personal responsibility, transparency, optimism, pro-activity, respecting and valuing active citizens participation in decision making processes related to environment.
STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS AND AIMS
- Environment protection and preservation;
- Capacity building of environment civil society organisations;
- Active participation in decision making processes in the area of environment protection;
- Public advocacy and environmental activism;
- Strengthening and promoting transparency of work of the relevant institutions;
- Promotion of green technology and green posts;
- Application and promotion of sustainable development principles;
- Application and development of international standards related to environment;
- Strengthening cross -sectoral cooperation;
- Regional and international networking with similar organisations.
- Department for urban ecology and education;
- Department for monitoring and protection of biodiversity;
- Department for regional and international cooperation;
- Department for public advocasy and ecological activism.